Call for a Doctoral Researcher - 1 Vacancy (FOXES)
UNINOVA – Instituto de Desenvolvimento de Novas Tecnologias, by decision of the Executive Committee, opens an international call to hire an Career Researcher, as an Level 1, in the form of an fixed-term Contract and in exclusivity under the Research Project FOXES - Fully Oxide-based Zero-Emission and Portable Energy Supply (Grant Agreement 951774) funded by the H2020 Programme from the European Commission and under the scientific coordination of Professor Rodrigo Ferrão de Paiva Martins, PhD.
Admission Requirements/Profile of the Candidate:
Applicants may be any Portuguese national, foreign or stateless, holders of a PhD degree in Materials Engineering, Nanotechnologies and Nanosciences, Physics or similar areas, duly registered and/or recognized in Portugal and that holds the following requirements:
- Experience with CO2 and/or fibre-laser processing for controlled milling of organic and inorganic materials;
- Experience with CO2 and/or fibre-laser processing for surface modification of carbon-based materials into conductive laser induced graphene (LIG);
- Experience in nanostructure synthesis by solution processing routes and characterization;
- Experience in electrochemical sensor fabrication and characterization;
- Previous research training activities, such as guidance of students in research projects, training of students in courses related to nanotechnology, etc.;
- Previous experience in national/European collaborative projects, particularly on preparing periodic reports and/or deliverables;
- Scientific publications in journals with high impact factor on the topics mentioned above;
- Fluency in English (writing, understanding and speaking).