Digital Manufacturing and Design Training Network (DiManD)
DiManD aims to develop a high-quality multidisciplinary, multi-professional and cross-sectorial research and training framework for Europe with the purpose of improving Europe’s industrial competitiveness by designing and implementing an integrated programme in the area of intelligent informatics driven manufacturing that will form the benchmark for training future Industrie 4.0 practitioners.
The aim is supported by the following objectives:
- To provide a comprehensive and appropriate set of training and development activities for ESRs comprising network-wide modules, courses and events, both technical and non-technical, and specific development activities, including the Integrated Training and Demonstration Platform as a legacy on which future developments can be built, to elevate the status of ESRs
- To create the system framework to standardised architectures and methodologies that facilitate the development of cyberphysical production resources and the necessary ICT infrastructure that enables the seamless integration of these into cyber physical systems.
- To design and develop a control concept and underpinning data models for autonomous behaviour adaptation of distributed manufacturing systems based on context-aware autonomous systems.
- To analyse and apply new ICT trends, such as Big Data, Cyber Physical Systems and Data Mining, in manufacturing systems
- To ensure that the results of the DiManD programme are effectively communicated to European industry, associations, stakeholders and the public domain.