CALL FOR A PhD RESEARCHER - IANOS-3
A call for tender for the award of 1 PhD Research Grant is open at UNINOVA - Institute for the Development of New Technologies within the scope of CTS research activities, for the H2020 -LCSC3-2020-EC-ES-SCC project, namely IANOS - “IntegrAted SolutioNs for the DecarbOnization and Smartification of Islands” project, funded by the EU, for I&D activities performed for a PhD researcher, under the following conditions:
- Scientific Area: Computer Engineering
- Admission requirements:
- Holders of the PhD Degree in Computer Engineering
- Previous experience on European research projects
- Previous experience working on a European consorcium will be valued
- Work Plan:
- Participation in Project Meetings.
- Work on the following project WPs:
- WP2 - Requirements of the project
- WP6 - development, elaboration of use cases and monitoring on Terceira Island.
- Applicable legislation and regulations: Statute of the Scientific Research Fellow, approved by Law No. 40/2004, of 18 August, amended and republished by Decree-Law No. 202/2012, of 27 August, amended by Decree-Law No. 233/2012, of 29 October, by Law No. 12/2013, of 29 January and by Decree-Law No. 123/2019, of 28 August.
- Workplace: The work will be developed at UNINOVA - Institute for the Development of New Technologies, under the scientific guidance of Professor Dr. João Francisco Alves Martins.
- Duration of the scholarships: The scholarship will have a duration of 8 months, starting on January 1, 2021 and may be renewed for the duration of the project, never exceeding 3 years.
- Monthly maintenance allowance amount: The amount of the scholarship corresponds to a minimum amount of EUR 1 600 according to the table of scholarship values attributed by UNINOVA. The scholarship will be paid monthly on the last working day of each month by bank transfer.
- Selection methods: The selection methods to be used will be as follows:
- Curricular analysis (AC) - If the curriculum analysis does not meet the admission requirements, the application is automatically rejected. The candidate does not pass the second selection phase.
- Interview (E)
The final evaluation (AV) will take into account the following calculation:
- Composition of the Selection Jury:
- Professor Doutor João Francisco Alves Martins
- Professor Doutor Ricardo Luís Rosa Jardim Gonçalves
- Doutor Carlos Manuel de Melo Agostinho
- Form of advertising / notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be published, through an alphabetically ordered list, posted in a visible and public place at UNINOVA - Institute for the Development of New Technologies, with approved candidates notified via email.
- Application deadline and form of submission of applications: The call is open from 9 December to 22 December 2020.
Applications must be formalized, by sending a letter of application accompanied by the following documents: Curriculum Vitae, Certificate of Qualifications of all academic degrees obtained with final grade and with the marks in all disciplines, copy of identification document and other documents attesting to what is reported in the CV.
Applications must be delivered to the GRIS laboratory, at the UNINOVA building or submitted by email to email@example.com.