Technological Innovation for Sustainability
The purpose of the second edition of the Doctoral Conference on Computing, Electrical and Industrial Systems, DoCEIS'11, is to bring together PhD students, researchers, engineers and practitioners from all over the world, interested in the Conference scope.
DoCEIS'11 aimed to be an international forum for presentation of research results coming out of PhD
works, and a space for discussion of post-graduation studies. Among other activities, it includes:
- Presentation of research results by PhD students (co-authored by their supervisors).
- Tutorials by invited experts on scientific, methodological, or soft skills topics.
- Presentation and discussion of the base ideas of the thesis plans.
- Discussion of the scientific and technical challenges in the several Electrical and Computer Engineering specialization areas.
- Sharing of experiences among PhD students from different regions.
- Forum on practical aspects (e.g. Publications, job market, careers, etc.).
- Creation of collaborative (social) networks.
Original work are invited to be presented, in any of the scientific
areas of the conference.
Prospective authors of research papers are invited to submit their manuscripts reporting original work, in any of the scientific areas of the conference. Papers describing advanced prototypes, systems, tools and techniques and general survey papers indicating future directions are also encouraged. Proceedings are expected to be published by Springer, IFIP AICT series (indexed in Web of Science). Best papers will be considered for possible inclusion in a special journal issue.
VenueThe Conference will be held near Caparica beach, south of Lisbon, the capital of Portugal. Lisbon has a population of one million inhabitants, is a modern city, which has a lot to offer both in terms of history, culture and social life. It stands on the westernmost point of the European continent, where the Tagus river flows into the Atlantic Ocean. Its Atlantic climate, with some Mediterranean influences, is probably the mildest of all European capitals.
PhD Program on Electrical and Computer Engineering FCT-UNL.
In collaboration with PhD Programs in: Electrical and Computer Engineering FCT-U Coimbra, Electronic and Telecommunications U Algarve. (Pending)